Rules and regulations for the poster competition:
I. Organizers of the competition:
Stowarzyszenie Ogrody Sztuki with its registered office in Kraków, operating at the following address: 31-416 Kraków, Dobrego Pasterza 6, whose registration files are kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Kraków- Śródmieście, XI Economic Department of the National Register under number 0000256819, REGON: 120268570, NIP: 6762338143 and Dydo Poster Gallery operating at the address: al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków, Poland.
II. Purpose of the competition
The aim of the competition is to select the best graphic creations in the form of a poster promoting cycling for everyone as daily ecological transport mode and their presentation at the post-competition exhibition, which will take place in the Dydo Poster Gallery in Krakow, Poland, at al. Focha 1 (former Cracovia Hotel) from 23 November to 7 December 2019.
III. Terms and conditions of participation
The competition is open to all interested adults. Participation in the competition is free of charge and voluntary.
Posters can be submitted electronically in two categories:
A - poster
B - animated poster
The condition for entering the competition is consent to the processing of personal data in order to conduct the competition and to announce the results of the competition. The sample form and the participant's declaration are attached as Appendix No. 1 to these Rules and Regulations.
IV. The course of the competition
1. The registration of entries:
Everyone interested in taking part in the competition is requested to send a completed application form and a signed declaration of consent for processing of personal data (Attachment 1) and previews of their works to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Category - A: poster in A4, 300 dpi, CMYK, jpg (high quality) format.
The file should be named: surname_first name_country.jpg for example: smith_john_poland.jpg
Category - B: animation not exceeding 12 MG (Megabytes), looped, output frame compatible with the poster image, recorded in mp4 format. Animation exported to mp.4 in H.264 codec. Resolution not greater than HD (vertical or horizontal) 1920 x 1080 px.
The file should be named: surname_first name_country_.mp4 for example: smith_john_poland.mp4
Each Participant may submit up to 3 posters in each category, which he or she is the author of.
The work submitted to the competition must be original and must not be published anywhere else.
The deadline for submitting entries is 23 October 2019. Entries submitted after this deadline will not take part in the competition.
The date of submission of the poster to the competition is the date of delivery of the projects in electronic form to the following Email address: email@example.com
Only applications whose delivery has been confirmed by the Organizer by Email will be considered in the competition.
2. The competition will be held in two stages:
Stage I - Selection of finalists
24 - 27 October 2019
Category A: The pre-selection jury will select 50 posters from among the entries submitted in electronic form, which will be presented at the exhibition and reproduced in the catalogue. The list of qualified posters will be published on our website on 28 October 2019.
The finalists will be informed of the results by e-mail and will be required to send or deliver personally two copies of the printed posters in B1 format (70 × 100 cm) to the address: Dydo Poster Gallery, al. Focha 1, 30-111 Krakow, from 28 October to 5 November 2019. Printouts should not be glued on a rigid substrate.
The packaging should be marked with an inscription: "Competition: Cycling poster”
Printing and shipping costs are to cover by the authors of the posters.
It is possible for the Organizer to print the poster for a fee of 80 PLN for printing two copies of the posters. Fee should be paid to the gallery account or as a PayPal Payment. The account details will be published on the website at a later date. In order to do so, it is necessary to submit such a request by Email, send a file prepared for printing in a 70 x 100 cm format and pay the fee for printing.
Category B: The pre-selection jury will select 10 animated posters from among the entries submitted in electronic form, which will be published on the gallery's website.
Stage II - Selection of the winners
6-12 November 2019
The final jury will select the winning poster from the final works printed and sent by the Finalists in B1 format (70 × 100 cm) and from the winning animated poster.
3. The results will be announced by 12 November 2019.
The Organiser of the competition may not make changes to the poster without the consent of the Author, unless such changes are caused by an obvious necessity and the Author has no legitimate reason to oppose them (Article 49 paragraph 2 of the Copyright and Related Rights Act).
VI. Rights of the Organiser
1. After the announcement of the results of the competition, the Organizer will sign an agreement with each awarded and honored author regulating the transfer of copyrights.
2. With regard to the awarded or distinguished authors, the Organiser will sign an agreement governing the transfer of copyrights with each awarded and honored author.
3. The Organiser may request the Author of the awarded or honored poster to adapt it to the needs of the Competition Organiser.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to reproduce each submitted work in electronic form and in printed form in a collective folder for the purposes of documentation and promotion of the competition, to which each of the Authors agrees by submitting the work in the competition.
VII. Personal data
1. The administrators of the participants personal data is Dydo Poster Gallery Natalia Dydo, NIP 945 202 7373, al. Focha 1, 30-111 Krakow, Poland.
2. Participants of the competition agree to the processing of personal data contained in the application form for the purpose of taking part in the competition in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (consolidated text Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922 as amended).
3. Participants of the competition acknowledge that their personal data will be processed only for the immediate purposes of the proper conduct of the competition, will not be subject to further processing and will not be stored longer than necessary due to the applicable law. Providing the data is voluntary. Lack of consent to the disclosure of personal data makes it impossible to participate in the competition. Persons who make the data available have the right to demand access to their data and the right to demand their correction, deletion or limitation of their processing. In addition, participants have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority in the event of a breach of personal data protection.
4. In the event of participation in the competition by design teams, artistic groups or other teams, it is required that all Authors of each team submit a statement of co-authorship of the design submitted in the competition.
VIII. Jury of the Competition
1. The Selection Jury and the Final Jury are composed of poster designers and representatives of the organizers. The list of the jurors will be announced on 12 July 2019 on the website www.dydopostergallery.com.
2. The jurors cannot be the authors or consult the projects of posters submitted to the competition.
3. The organizers reserve the right to change the composition of the Jury.
4. The verdict of the Jury is final.
1. The organizers set the main prize in Category A at 1.000 PLN gross and the printing of the offset poster. The poster will be placed on advertising poles in Krakow, and the author will receive 50 copies at his own disposal.
2. The Organizers set the main prize in Category B at 1.000 PLN gross and the poster offset print. The poster will be placed on advertising poles in Krakow, and the author will receive 50 copies at his own disposal. The winning poster animation will be additionally adapted to the AR (Augmented Reality) application.
3. The organizers allow for a different distribution of prizes than the above mentioned and reserve the right not to award any of the prizes listed in paragraph 1.
4. The organizers allow the possibility of awarding distinctions.
5. The Organisers will organise an exhibition of the final works selected by the Jurors.
6. The Organisers will inform about the awarded prizes and distinctions on the website www.dydopostergallery.com by November 12, 2019.
7. The prizes will be presented to the winners at the opening ceremony of the post-competition exhibition at the Dydo Poster Gallery.
8. The prize awarded to the Team is treated as one and is not subject to multiplication.
X. Final decisions
1. The Participant or the Teams who are the authors of the poster work bear full responsibility towards Organizer and third parties in case the poster submitted for the competition violates the rights, in particular copyrights and personal rights of third parties.
2. If the Participant violates the provisions of these Rules and Regulations, the Organiser may exclude the Participant from participation in the competition. In the event of a breach of the Regulations by any member of the Team, the Participant understands both the Team and each of its members individually.
3. The Organizers reserve the right to extend the duration of the competition, change the date of announcing the results and change the date of the exhibition and awarding prizes. Any possible changes will be made public on the website: www.dydopostergallery.com, and in the event of a change in the dates of awarding the prizes, all awarded persons will be notified by phone or Email.
4. Each Participant, sending the work, at the same time declares and confirms that:
1) Accepts all the conditions specified in these Regulations;
2) Undertakes not to transfer to third parties (with the exception of the Competition Organiser) any rights related to the awarded or honoured poster submitted to the Competition;
3) Will not use the poster submitted to the Competition in any commercial way or for other promotional purposes or advertising;
4) The poster submitted to the Competition was made personally by the Participant;
5) The poster submitted to the Competition does not violate any rights of third parties, in particular any intellectual property rights, including copyrights;
6) The poster submitted to the Competition does not contain any incorrect or otherwise vulgar, racist, xenophobic, religious or political content.
Works sent and printed for the post-competition exhibition will not be returned - they will be included in the Organizer's collection.
In matters not regulated by these Regulations, the provisions of the Copyright and Related Rights Act of 4 February 1994 (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2017, item 880, as amended), the Civil Code and other relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply.