Poster competition rules:
Mysterious Kraków. 40 years on the UNESCO World Heritage list
I. Organizers of the competition:
Stowarzyszenie Ogrody Sztuki with its registered office in Kraków, operating at the address: 31-416 Kraków, Dobrego Pasterza 6 street, whose registration files are kept by District Court for the City of Kraków - Śródmieście, XI Economic Department of the National Register under number 0000256819, REGON: 120268570, NIP: 6762338143 and Dydo Poster Gallery in Kraków at al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków
II. The goal of the competition
The aim of the competition is to select the best graphic designs in the form of a poster promoting the city of Kraków on the 40th anniversary of entering the UNESCO World Heritage list and their presentation at the post-competition exhibition, which will take place at the Dydo Poster Gallery in Kraków at al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków
from November 4 to 15, 2018.
III. Conditions for participation
The competition may be entered by independent authors or teams of authors, designers, graphic artists, design teams of advertising agencies and graphic studios, students of art academies, architecture departments, faculties and arts departments, universities from Poland or abroad, regardless of their age and nationality. Participation in the competition is free and voluntary.
IV. The course of the competition
1. Registration of works in the competition:
All interested in participating in the competition are asked to send previews of their works in the following format: 20 x 30 cm, 300 dpi, CMYK, jpg (high quality) to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The file should be named: name_surname_country.jpg for example: john_smith_poland.jpg
The works will be evaluated anonymously (each work will be assigned an emblem).
The works should be sent by September 10, 2018.
The works sent after this deadline will not take part in the competition.
2. The competition will take place in two stages:
Stage I | Selection of finalists
September 15- 24, 2018
The jury will conduct a pre- selection of applications sent in an electronic version and will select works for the second stage and post-competition exhibition.
Finalists will be informed by e-mail and asked to send a printout of the work in B1 format (70 × 100 cm).
Stage II | Selection of winners
October 8- 21, 2018
The jury will select a winning poster from among final works- those printed and sent by the Finalists in B1 format (70 × 100 cm)
3. The results will be announced on October 21, 2018.
V. Technical and formal requirements
1. The graphic design should cover graphics and text:
Kraków 2018, 40 years on the World Heritage List UNESCO
Kraków 2018, 40 lat na liście Światowego Dziedzictwa UNESCO
2. The winning design should assume the possibility of processing and adapting it for printing, including placing the logo of Stwarzyszenie Ogrody Sztuki, Dydo Poster Gallery and guidelines of the Promotion Department of the Department of Culture and National Heritage in the City Council of Kraków (Annex No. 3 to the Rules).
3. In stage I, the competition will accept electronic works in 20 × 30 cm, 300 dpi, CMYK, jpg (high quality) format sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
4. Each participant may submit up to 3 posters to the competition, of which he is the author.
5. In stage II, after the pre - selection, the Participants selected by the Jury will be required to send printed works in: 70 cm × 100 cm format, to the address of Dydo Poster Gallery in Kraków at al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków.
Works should be marked on the back (the emblem given in stage I) and packed in a cardboard tube. Works should not be applied to a rigid substrate.
VI. Labeling of works
1. The submitted works will be marked with individual identifiers (emblem), which will be decoded after the competition has been resolved.
2. The project must be accompanied by a completed application form according to the template constituting Annex No. 1 to Regulations.
3. Each entry should be accompanied by information containing the author's data:
• first and last name
• the exact residence address with the postal code
4. In the competition will be considered only works that have been sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and their receipt has been confirmed by e-mail by the Organizer together with the assigned identifier (emblem).
VII. Author's rights
1. The Competition Organizer may not make changes to the poster without the consent of the Author, unless such changes are caused by an obvious necessity, and the Author would not be justified in opposing them (article 49, paragraph 2 of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights).
VIII. Organizer's rights
1. After announcing the results of the competition, the Organizer will sign a contract for the transfer of copyright with each prize-winning and awarded author, the specimen of this contract is attached as Annex 2 to this Regulations.
2. With regard to the awarded or honoured posters, the transfer of the proprietary copyrights results in the transfer to the Competition Organizers of the ownership of the original copy of this work.
3. The Organizer may ask the Author of the awarded or honoured poster for its adaptation for the needs of the Competition Organizer.
4. The organizer reserves the right to reproduce every submitted work in an electronic version and print in a collective folder, for the purposes of documentation and promotion of the competition, to which each of the authors agrees to submit the work in the competition.
IX. Personal data
1. The administrators of personal data of competition participants are: Dydo Poster Gallery Natalia Dydo, NIP 945 202 7373, al. Focha 1, 30-111 Krakow.
2. Participants of the competition agree to the processing of personal data contained in the application form for the purposes of participating in the competition in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (consolidated text, Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922, as amended).
3. Participants of the competition acknowledge that their personal data will be processed only for immediate purposes of the proper conduct of the competition, will not be subject to further processing and will not be stored longer than necessary due to the applicable law. Providing the data is voluntary. No consent to share personal data prevents participation in competition. The persons making the data available have the right to request access to their data and the right to demand their rectification, removal or restriction of their processing. Participants are entitled in addition, the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body in the event of a breach of personal data protection.
4. In the case of participating in a competition of teams of designers, artistic groups or others team performers (Authoring groups), it is required to submit by each Author of each Group Author's statements about the co-authorship of the project submitted in the competition.
X. Date and place of sending posters:
1. The deadline for submitting posters is September 10, 2018. The date of submitting the poster to the competition is the date of delivery of the projects in electronic form to the e-mail address: email@example.com
2. Projects that arrive after the deadline may not be qualified for the competition.
3. In stage II, participants will be required to send by post or deliver physically printed posters to the following address: Dydo Poster Gallery in Kraków at al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków, from September 24 to October 5, 2018.
4. The following should be placed on the packaging: "Competition: Mysterious Kraków".
5. Printing costs and shipments are borne by the authors of the posters.
XI. Competition Jury
1. The Jury consists of:
• Elżbieta Chojna
• Krzysztof Dydo
• Michał Jandura PhD
• Professor Władysław Pluta
• Agnieszka Ziemiszewska PhD
2. Jurors can not be authors or consult projects of posters submitted to the competition.
3. The poster design will be assessed in terms of aesthetics and functionality. The jury will choose one best project.
4. The Jury may choose posters for the post-competition exhibition also among unrated and unspecified works.
5. The organizers reserve the right to change the composition of the Jury.
6. The jury's verdict is final.
1. The organizers set up a main prize of PLN 2,000 gross, a poster print of 100 copies and posting it on advertising pillars in Kraków.
2. The organizers allow the possibility of a different distribution of prizes than the aforementioned ones and reserve the right not to award any of the prizes listed in paragraph 1.
3. The organizers allow the possibility of awarding distinctions.
4. The organizers will organize an exhibition of final works selected by the Jurors.
5. The organizers will inform about the awards and distinctions awarded on the website www.dydopostergallery.com by October 21, 2018.
6. The prizes will be presented to the winners at the opening ceremony of the post-competition exhibition at the Dydo Poster Gallery.
7. The prize awarded to the Authors' Team is treated as one and is not subject to multiplication.
XIII. Final Provisions
1. The Participant or the Authoring Group who are the authors of the poster work bear full responsibility towards Organizer and third parties in case the poster submitted for the competition violates the rights, in particular copyrights and personal rights of third parties.
2. If the Participant violates the provisions of these Regulations, the Organizer may exclude him from participation in the competition. In the event of a breach of the Regulations by any member of the Group, the Participant understands both the Group and each of its members individually.
3. The Organizers of the competition reserve the possibility of extending the duration of the competition, changing the date of announcement of results and changing the date of the exhibition and awarding prizes. Possible changes will be made public on the website: www.dydopostergallery.com, and in the event of changing the award dates, all awarded persons will be notified by phone or e-mail.
4. Each participant submitting a work simultaneously declares and confirms that:
1) Accepts all the conditions set out in these Regulations;
2) Undertakes not to transfer to third parties (with the exception of the Competition Organizer) any rights related to the awarded or honoured poster submitted to the Competition;
3) Will not use the poster submitted to the Competition in any commercial manner or for other promotional or advertising purposes;
4) The poster submitted for the Competition was made personally by the Participant;
5) The poster submitted to the Competition does not violate any rights of third parties, in particular any intellectual property rights, including copyrights;
6) The poster submitted for the Competition does not contain any incorrect or otherwise vulgar, racist, xenophobic, religious or political content.
5. Authors of unrated posters, including posters classified by the Jury for the exhibition, may receive them after the exhibition - the time and place of possible collection will be announced during the announcement of the competition results.
6. Posters missed at this time will be destroyed.
7. In matters not covered by the provisions of these Regulations, the provisions of the Act shall apply
Copyright and related rights of February 4, 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 880, as amended), Civil Code and other relevant provisions of Polish law.
1. Application form
2. Model agreement on the transfer of copyrights
3. Logotypes to be placed on the winning poster